May 15, 2013 2 Comments
Every May, at the beginning of my summer break, I try to stop and look back over the past year and reflect on the opportunities the Lord has opened for me to do what I love and was called to do. This particular 12 months has been a little bit of everything. Ministry opportunities have flowed from all sides.
- Traveling to Greece, Turkey, and Switzerland with the Apostles & Epistles Tour. You can’t beat teaching Revelation 1 on the Island of Patmos overlooking John’s cave. Indescribable.
- Finishing one interim pastorate at Lancaster Bapt Church and beginning and finishing another at Living Grace Church.
- Training young pastors for LifeWay’s CentriKid Camps and then being a camp pastor myself for a couple weeks.
- Preaching in various pulpits around KY like Corinth BC in London, Immanuel, Pioneer, Hopewell and Bruner’s Chapel BC all in Harrodsburg, Simpsonville BC, and First Bapt Clarksville, TN.
- Leading training workshops for Eubank BC, Beechland BC, Pioneer BC and First Bapt Clarksville.
- Teaching breakout sessions at ministry conferences – the CU Transformational Church Summit, the KBC Seminary for a Day, and CU Louisville’s Contagious Churches & Leaders.
- Serving alongside the tireless LifeWay VBSi & Preview Team as a speaker & breakout session leader in 4 cities: Ridgecrest, NC, Fort Worth, TX, Nashville, TN, and Kissimmee, FL. This opportunity has been one I will never forget.
- Great times of sharing with my students outside of class like doing the DNow Team training, teaching alongside Jennifer for BCM about relationships, pre-marriage counseling in our home with Chris Price and Anna Step, witnessing Jacob Howard, one of my guys, ordained to the Gospel ministry, and taking a group of 13 to LifeWay’s headquarters in Nashville for CU Day at LifeWay.
- All the while completing two amazing semesters with my students in class after class. Year 5 was my best in class teaching year so far.
It is simply amazing for me to see what God has done in my life, if I would make myself available to Him and His purposes. As I reflect back, I am overwhelmed by God’s grace and kindness toward me and my family. This is way more than I could have ever imagined back in 1996 when I surrendered to the call of ministry. God has taken my 3 loaves and 2 fish and multiplied them time and time again.
Where will God lead from May 2013 to May 2014…who knows? But wherever He leads, I will follow.