- 1987 – First VBS – Came to faith in Jesus Christ as a 9 year old boy. First hearing of the Gospel. Responded and was baptized one month later.
- 1988 – Attended VBS at Lewisport Baptist Church for my last time as a child.
- 1989 – 1995 – Attended Youth VBS at Lewisport Baptist Church and worked in VBS with the children.
- 1996 – Taught youth VBS and served as Worship Leader at Lewis Lane Baptist Church in Owensboro, KY. I was their summer youth director.
- 1997 – Worked VBS at Calvary Baptist Church in Murray, KY. I was part of a Youth Revival Team sponsored by the KY Bapt. Convention and we helped their church during their VBS week.
- 1998 – Worked 5 VBS weeks in New England and in Texas as part of traveling summer mission team called “God Rules.” New Jersey, Boston, northern OH, Buffalo, NY, and Arlington, TX.
- 1999 – Missed VBS because I moved to TX to start seminary and was disconnected from church. BOOOOO!
- 2000 – Worked VBS at Trinity Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX. I was a Youth Ministry Intern. First time as VBS Camp Pastor.
- 2001 – 2002 – Worked VBS at First Baptist Church in Millsap, TX. I was the Youth Minister and VBS Camp Pastor.
- 2003 – Worked VBS at Trinity Baptist Church FW. I was the Youth Minister and Camp Pastor.
- 2004 – 2008 – Worked VBS at Main Street Baptist Church in Alexandria, KY. I was the Associate Pastor there. Served 3 years in Preschool and then 1 year as Director. My first and only stint as a VBS Director.
- 2009 – Worked VBS at Campbellsville Baptist Church in Campbellsville, KY. I am a church member and a father of a VBS’er. Isaac’s first VBS. Preschool Bible Centers.
- 2010 – Working VBS at Campbellsville BC. I am a member of the Children’s Ministry Lead Team and a father of 2 VBS’ers. Ethan’s first VBS. Preschool Music.
As you can see, VBS changed my life and I still haven’t gotten over it. I made a commitment when I was a teenager that if I am physically able, I will never stop serving in VBS. Since 1987, I have only missed one week.
I believe in this ministry with all my heart and now as a father of two preschoolers, I am praying my boys will come to faith in Christ as children.