I am really excited about a new project I am working on called CU 100 Chapel Online. Basically at Campbellsville Univ. we needed a method to help our fully online students with chapel. All of our undergraduate students are required to get 48 chapel credits during their 4 years with us. But as our fully online undergraduate programs have grow, we recognized this group was missing this very important part of their Christian college experience.
So a group of us were tasked with figuring out a possible solution for them. We are building a website that will have multiple functions, including video of all our on-campus chapel services, plus virtual Bible studies, video curriculum, and a prayer room.
One of the parts I am most excited about is the Life of Christ Q and A section. I will be creating and posting 20 small (3-4 minute) videos of me teaching through the person and work of Jesus. Here is the listing of videos.
1. The Preexisting Christ – In him and through him all things were made.
2. God the Son – Three in one.
3. Messiah Foretold – Over 200 Old Testament prophecies pointed to him alone.
4. Born of a Virgin – Born of woman, but not of man.
5. Lineage of David – A king whose kingdom shall never end.
6. A Man from Nazareth – A carpenter living in a small, out of the way town.
7. Introduced by John – Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world.
8. Tempted in the Wilderness – Tempted by Satan himself, yet was without sin.
9. Preacher & Teacher with Authority – He speaks as one with authority, not like the teachers and scribes of the Law.
10. Miracle Worker – Power over creation.
11. Forgiver of Sins – Power over sin and evil.
12. Disciples Maker – From now on, you will be fishers of men.
13. Cross Bearer I – Why a cross?
14. Cross Bearer II – Why in Jerusalem?
15. Cross Bearer III – Why a criminal’s death?
16. The Suffering Servant – He was pierced for our transgressions, crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him.
17. The Atonement for Sin – The veil is lifted; the scape goat has been killed.
18. The Resurrected One – He is not here, He is alive just as he said he would be.
19. Commissioner of Disciples – The Son of Man came to seek and save the lost.
20. Promise Keeper – We shall see him face to face.
If you think there is something I should exchange or reconsider, I would love to hear from you. Imagine the audience as a person with little or no information about Jesus, hearing for the first time who Jesus was and what he came to accomplish. We want to be thorough, but clear and concise.
I would love any feedback if you have a suggestion. Once the videos are completed, I will post the links for anyone to watch on this site as well as the CU 100 Chapel Online.