Along with school, the Lord has been so faithful and kind to opened several opportunities to encourage folks here in KY and around the nation.
Here is a snapshot of the fall ministry plans.
- Through September – Preaching each Sunday morning at the Hodgenville Christian Church. Helping out my new friend and pastor Bro. Carlton Puryear as he takes a few weeks off.
- Sunday, Sept 15 – Leading “The Calling of Every Christian Parent” workshop at Ormsby Heights Baptist Church in Louisville. Joining my long-time friends Pastor Steve and Michelle McKelvey, who serve on the staff there.
- Sunday, Sept 22-25 – Preaching the fall revival for Stanford Baptist Church. I will be joined by some great worship leader friends: Caleb Phelps, Kristina Critcher, CU Sound, and my old friend from Lancaster BC, the one and only Nehemiah Wilkinson.
- Oct. 8-9 – Jennifer and I will be leading 3 breakout sessions for the LifeWay Christian Resources Kids Ministry Conference in Nashville, TN. We will be teaching: 1) Teaching Children Contemplatively, 2) The Full Spectrum of Family Ministry Models, and 3) Memory Makers. This will be our first time to lead together as a couple.
- Oct. 13, 20 and Nov. 3, 10, 17 – Preaching Sunday mornings at Hurstbourne Baptist Church in Louisville, KY.
- Oct. 27 – Preaching for Campbellsville University Day at Lancaster Baptist Church in Garrard Co. I can’t wait to visit my dear friends at LBC. I have missed them greatly over the past year.
And I am getting ready for another huge January, February and March, 2014.
In January and February, I will be joining the LifeWay VBSi Team again at Ridgecrest, Nashville, Fort Worth, and Kissimmee, FL as we train over 6000 VBS leaders from across North America. I will be preaching during the main worship service and leading a breakout session.
And then in March, I get the great privilege of traveling back to Israel and Jordan for the second time in 5 years as part of the Campbellsville Univ. School of Theology Holy Land Tour. This time I will be joined by my dad and brother in Christ, Danny Garrison, along with many CU faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends. Space is available, if you are interested in joining us.
I would really covet your prayers for me, Jennifer, the boys, and these opportunities to preach and teach about our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ.