At Hurstbourne Baptist Church in Louisville, we have recently finished a series of messages called Since You Asked.
Basically, I gave the entire congregation the chance to ask biblical, theological, and spiritual questions in which I would try to answer in a sermon. We received nearly 30 questions and I attempted to answer five of them.
Maybe you have wondered about these things. I have included the question and a link to the sermon audio if these have ever been questions in your mind. Take a listen and let me know what you think.
- How do we publicly and privately interact as the body of Christ with people who we significantly disagree with? sermon audio
- When Christians leave this earthly life, do we immediately go and be with Jesus, seeing him face-to-face or will there be a waiting period for the second coming of Christ? sermon audio
- How do relationships work in heaven? Will we know and recognize our earthly family and friends? sermon audio
- Does God control the small things? Such as does God give us one job over another? Does God determine where a student is accepted into college? Did God put my child in that teacher’s class? A fender bender that could have been a horrible accident, was that a “God thing”? The tickets to a sold-out ball game that are suddenly offered to us by a co-worker, is that orchestrated by God? sermon audio
- If a young man accepts Christ and is living a Christian life, has a Christian wife and two children. All is well. Time elapses, he gets involved with another woman, divorces his wife, gets into drinking and gambling. He drops out of church. His lifestyle never changes and he passes away. Is this person still going to heaven? sermon audio